Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blogging Power Xtreme!

In the future, when we are all cyborgs (except for that one orang utan), I will be able to upload my blog direct from my hard brain disk. And connecting my USB will be so much more satisfying.


Like a rogue Centurions, I have been using my Power Xtreme! to churn out blog post after blog post. I think it is fairly telling when you consider that I have made more postings in 2010 so far than the entirety of 2008 or 2009. That was never a particular goal of mine. There are a couple of reasons for it:
• Some stuff has happened in my life that is actually worth commentating on.
Funemployment has made me bored.
• I am becoming more comfortable with sharing my ideas, and with crafting my writing in a public forum.
· It’s pretty funny when I mess up.

I have realised though, that while writing my blog is fun and, I think, valuable for my writing, it is taking me away from my larger works.
So I’m going to update less for a little while, although it should be noted that this would have naturally occurred as I begin to pick up more work. I will try to complete ‘Freckles’ as I know of at least one person who, against all odds, wants to know what happens next.
I hope something I have written has brought a smile to your face. That’s all I want.

Speaking of Centurions, I had the Max Ray toy when I was a kid and he kicked ass. This is a guy who went swimming in a suit of armour. I also liked the way he closely resembled my Dad (circa 1989). Yeah, Dad says he was in the Army Reserve, but I’m pretty sure he was really helping military dolphins blow up rogue nations’ submarines.

I’m sorry I missed your birthday, son. I was... at army reserves camp. Not in the ocean.

2 comments:

dave dinero said...

Max Ray looks like Tom Selleck circa the 1980's. Your dad doesn't look like Tom Selleck so much.

bigmrjosh said...

Obviously you didn't know my Dad in the 80s, Dave. Dead ringer.
You know that time that Charlie Chaplin lost his own lookalike competition? I'm sure I don't need to elaborate...